Production: Receiving the buyer’s/buying house’s final confirmation, the garments production is started. Generally, the following steps are to be adopted for the initiation of the production:
Global Fashion Importer company.
- Making the grading of the pattern (i.e. pattern should be all size covering).
- All sizes’ patterns should be put on the long marking paper and the appropriate marking is conducted. Generally, the marking is for all sizes in together or one size garments. The cutting table is selected to conduct the cutting; the selection of the cutting table is based on the style and/or the sustainable garments' qty consumption. As an example, for the order of the buyer Distra as mentioned previously, the cutting table was fully selected i.e. 38 yds in length. The consumption of the fabric is 19 yds/DZ so the total garments will be 12X2=24 pcs on the single layer of fabric.
- All the parts of the garment should be put accordingly on the marking paper. The overall qty of the part of the garment i.e. for the Distra order is 16 pcs (as- waistband, back yoke -2 parts, patch pocket-2 parts, coin pocket, front part, back part, single fly, double fly, belt loop, etc.)
- Making the complete layer having 100-110 pcs fabric on the table as a layer.
- Then the marking paper is put on the layer.
- Some special clips are to be used to attach each and every layer together smoothly so that any layer can not be displaced.
- The fabric layer is made by an end cutting machine cutting the edge of the fabric.
- An automatic electric cutting machine is used to cut the overall layers at a time.
- All the parts of the garment are then tied separately so that any part can not be mixed with the other.
- All the parts are then numbered i.e. each and every part of the garment of the whole layers is numbered properly so that a garment may easily comprise the same layer in production.
- In the same way, the interlining and pocketing are cut for bulk production. Generally for pocketing T/C (Tetron + Cotton) & T/R (Tetron+ Rayon) is vastly used. For this order, T/C pocketing has been used. The cutting layer has been made with 300 spreading/layers of pocketing.
- The next procedure is to input the parts of the garment onto the production floor for testing. Here it should be mentioned that initially the testing cutting is made for testing garment sewing.
- The other accessories (except pocketing and interlining) are then supplied by the store for accelerating production.
- In the initial stage, frequently the meeting comprises the production-related persons such as General Manager, Production Manager, Quality Manager, Operation Manager, Floor in-charge, line chief, line controller, supervisor, quality controller, quality inspector, merchandiser(s), technical in-charge, pattern master, etc.
- In the preliminary stage, the communication between the sample room and the production floor should be uninterrupted so that any objectionable matter can easily be eradicated. Any kind of addition, deduction, rectification, or amendment should be adopted in the starting period.
- The testing cutting garments parts are sewn with a view to skimming the experience and the innovation of the concerned persons involved. The testing garments are then checked very well so that any kind of distortion or hardly conformed to the unexpected quality can easily be eradicated.
- The testing garments are then sent to the washing plant to wash properly. The washing is a mandatory task for every garment. In washing, the overall features of the garments may easily be changed.
- During this period the washing is necessary to show the actual position of the garments so that the cutting/sewing standard should be changed or not. In washing, especially in the testing period, the shrinkage of the garments is examined i.e. how the garments result in washing. Generally in washing the garments fluctuate in measurement. Washing the yarn or the dying fabric can easily be varied.
- If the washing changes the actual and expected measurement of the garments, the pattern and cutting are instantly adjusted for the bulk production so that the unexpected issue can be avoided.
- Accomplishing the initial stage, every precautionary task is adopted to sustain the bulk production.
- After adopting the above procedures, the next step is to start bulk production.
Global fashion sales company
In business generally, the term “Layout” is used to denote the suitable position of every item so that the production output can be made more. In garment industries, the layout is used to entail the overall production of garments per line.
In the case of layout, in the garment industry, when a new style is initiated, the concerned line related persons including the experts of production such as GM, PM, Line chief, controller, technician, and other well-known persons engage themselves in setting the machines of the line (in Designer Jeans Ltd generally 68-75 machines are included in one line) should make accordingly so that the overall production status can be highest.
In the beginning period, the machines are to be transferred from one place to another because of high production. In the line, generally, some machines may be required and/or some may not be required so the decision should be taken properly.
The required machines should be selected on the basis of a variety of styles and requirements. However, in case of smooth and high production starting, every concerned person is to be alert all time so that the machine set up and production capability and the quality remained at the expected level.
For proper layout initiation, the concerned and vital persons for the practical production planning must be more alert and dutiful as if they could not understand the actual positioning of the machines; the production can not be conducted accordingly. Sometimes he is to sit on the machine to direct properly to show the true picture of the production starting by the worker. The expert worker can easily realize the production process of garment making. However, as the layout of production is based on every person and every machine on the line so the concerned persons should be consistent in their respective responsibility.
If any person on the line is not available for a single moment the overall production status can be hampered so the absenteeism of the workers of the concerned persons is highly tackled in the garments manufacturing process. For example, a worker is engaged to sew only the zipper fly, and s/he supplies the overall zipper fly so if s/he is not present for some time the overall production is sure to be hampered.
In a particular line generally, the following machines are to be present:
- Plain machine/ Lock stitch machine of a single needle.
- Double-needle lock stitch machine.
- Kansai machine,
- The feed of the arm machine.
- Overlock machine 3 thread, 5 thread, etc.
- Chain stitch main,
- Flatlock machine etc.
- Belt loop-making machine.
These machines are needed for the production of garments in case of different styles some extra machines are also required as:
- Zigzag stitch machine,
- Saddle stitch machine,
- Specialized hem making machine,
- Velcro attaching machine,
- Strapping machine,
Before starting production some other machines are required to process the initial stages which are:
- End cutting machine,
- Fabric laser cutting machine,
- Fusing machine,
- Velcro cutting machine,
- Thread sucking machine,
- Thread reckoning machine,
- Heat cut machine etc.
In case of the finishing stage the below machines are required:
- Eyelet machine,
- Button attaching machine,
- Bar tack machine,
- Shank button attaching machine,
- Rivet attaching machine.
- Iron machine,
- Spot remover machine,
- Needle detector machine,
- Metal detector machine etc.
To know more about the textile and garments industry